Printed from COOKS.COM
Eat them up. Yum!
- slivered almonds - 1/2 cup
- semisweet chocolate pieces - 1/3 cup
- all-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons
- baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground cloves - 1/8 teaspoon
- eggs - 2
- brown sugar - 1 cup packed
- finely chopped candied orange or lemon peel - 2 tablespoons
- confectioners' sugar - to dress
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Process almonds and chocolate in a blender or food processor on until finely chopped. Combine with 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Mix orange peel and the two tablespoons of flour; work into dough with hands.
- Divided into 30 equal pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 9 inch rope. Bend into a pretzel shape.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle tops with sifted confectioners' sugar.