Coconut and chocolate. The perfect pairing!
- sweetened condensed milk - 1 can (14 oz.)
- unsweetened chocolate - 4 squares
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- shredded coconut - 2 cans (4 oz. each)
- chopped nuts - 1/2 cup
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- In top of double boiler, cook over hot, not boiling water, condensed milk, chocolate and salt.
- Stir frequently until chocolate melts and mixture thickens, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful, 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) or until cookies are set.
- Remove at once with spatula, to wax paper.